Getting Started with SystemLink Cloud
SystemLink Cloud is a new cloud-based platform offered by NI. It enables you to securely access, monitor, and interact with applications from anywhere in the world without the burden of hosting and managing a server yourself. SystemLink Cloud hosts a suite of services, which includes a hosting service, a highly-scalable data service, a dashboard service, and data storage service. Access SystemLink Cloud with your NI User Account credentials and start enhancing your applications now.
Deciding Whether SystemLink Cloud Is Right for You
Unsure if SystemLink Cloud is right for you? Check out our GitHub example to see what SystemLink Cloud can do.
What do I need to access SystemLink Cloud?
- If you purchased G Web Development Software, LabVIEW NXG Web Module or SystemLink Server and possess a current SSP for those products, you can access SystemLink Cloud.
- If you have an Enterprise Agreement or an Academic Site License, contact Sales to verify if you can access SystemLink Cloud.
- If you want to purchase SystemLink Cloud as a standalone product, refer to our product page on ni.com for more information.
Getting Ready for Development
To build applications with APIs that communicate with SystemLink Cloud, you need to install one of the following product combinations with NI Package Manager:
- G Web Development Software
- LabVIEW NXG 5.1 with Web Module
- LabVIEW 2018-2021 with SystemLink Client 2021 R2
If you do not have NI Package Manager, download and install the latest version now.
After you install the required products, launch LabVIEW, G Web Development Software or LabVIEW NXG Web Module and locate the SystemLink APIs on the Data Communication palette. If the SystemLink APIs are not there, you did not install them. To install them, refer to SystemLink API Installation for LabVIEW for more help.
Connecting to SystemLink Cloud
As soon as you obtain a SystemLink Cloud serial number, you’re ready to access SystemLink Cloud.
Connect your web application to access, monitor, and interact with data from a web browser.
- Create an API key to authenticate your web application.
- Create a policy to set the permissions of a web application.
- Assign a policy to an API key to define the actions a web application can make.
- Connect to SystemLink Cloud from a web application using LabVIEW, G Web Development Software or LabVIEW NXG Web Module.
Hosting a Web Application on SystemLink Cloud
For SystemLink Cloud to host your WebVI, you must build a package file (.nipkg) of your application and upload the package. Refer to Creating a Package in G Web Development Software or Creating a Package in LabVIEW NXG Web Module for more information.
Building Dashboards to Visualize Data
Visualizing Tag Data on a Dashboard
Create a custom dashboard to display important data about your distributed systems.
To help you build the right dashboard for your data needs, you can choose between two dashboard types: